For this it is important that you must know what are the symptoms you have to look out for knowing if you are becoming a diabetic. Here are some of the most prominent symptoms that you have to be careful to watch for and take appropriate treatment immediately if you have one or more of these.
- Over thirst : you are constantly thirsty without any reason like long walking in the hot sun or playing of tennis for a long time.
- Feeling of dry mouth often : you are feeling dry mouth often even after drinking sufficient amounts of water or other fluids.
- Frequent Urination : if recently you are feeling that you are going to the washroom more frequently than you are used to, and find that your night’s sleep is being more disturbed due to the need to urinate during the nights.
- Abnormal weight loss: if you are not able to find the reason for your weight loss recently though you are taking the normal diet and going through the normal daily routines without major changes.
- Abnormal sudden weight gain : the disturbances in the insulin hormone mechanism and the resulting increase of blood sugar levels may also induce more weight gain and if you are confused by your body becoming bulky suddenly.
- Easy exhaustion : you are feeling tired and completely drained out and unable to go through your daily routine without extra efforts and do not feel recharged and energized even after a good amount of rest and good night’s sleep.
- Blurred vision: diabetes is known to cause vision problems and if not detected in the beginning it may lead to permanent loss of vision so you have to be very careful if you are crossing middle age and have problems with your vision of late.
- Hyper sensitivity at the extremities : you feel that your hands and legs are sore or become sensitive and go cold without any apparent reason signaling the circulation problems due to diabetes.
- Cuts taking too long to heal : you find that the cuts and sores that occur in your body take too long to heal and remain wet and oozing for abnormally long times.
- Sore genital areas with frequent infections: you find that your genital area feels very itchy and sore often and this is caused by excessive amounts of sugar in your urine.
The above are some of the most common symptoms for the on setting of diabetes in your body. You must be carefully looking for them and once you find that you are having one or more of them do not postpone your visit to your physician. Find the actual sugar level in your blood and urine and take medication as per his advice regularly to prevent costly and life endangering complications later.
Protection Starts At The Feet
To much glucose in the blood for an extended period of time can be problematic. High blood glucose also known as blood sugar can be damaging to many parts of the body. There are two major problems that can effect the feet which is why foot protection is absolutely neccessay. The first major problem is nerve damage, which can lead to neuropathy, foot sores and infections. The second problem is poor blood flow, which can make any external foot injuries difficult to recover from. Proper footwear such as socks with closed toed shoes is the best method for prevention; however, foot patches and other preventative methods are also recommended.