Many studies have proved that the consumption of plant food such as sweet potatoes lowers the risk of heart diseases, diabetes, obesity and overall mortality while promoting increased energy, healthy complexion and lowered weight.
Despite they are extremely delicious, inexpensive and available, they have many other health benefits. Here are the most important ones:
- The presence of beta carotene in their content is excellent against dandruff and damaged hair. Beta carotene prevents these issues and stimulates hair growth.
- The manganese and iron in sweet potatoes soothe painful PMS.
- The water from boiled potatoes is excellent for removing dark circles around the eyes, wrinkles and beneficial for your skin.
- The presence of iron in sweet potatoes promotes production of white and red blood cells. They are excellent against anemia.
- Potassium content in these veggies normalizes the heartbeats, regulates the balance of body’s water and boosts the flow of oxygen. Magnesium acts as strong anti stress agent.
- Sweet potatoes are great for healthy fetal development because they are rich in folic acid. These veggies should consumed by pregnant women.
- Due to the presence of beta carotene (strong anti-oxidant) in their content, these veggies are excellent for reducing aging effects, protecting against breast and lung cancer and helps with asthma, gout and arthritis.
- The potassium in these veggies is good for the muscles, promotes healthy tissues, regulates nerve signals and heartbeats, provides energy and reduces cramps and swelling.
- The presence of Vitamin D in sweet potatoes is good for the normal function of the thyroid gland, for your bones, skin, heart and teeth!
- Carotenoids help in the production of Vitamin A which regenerates the respiratory system. Smokers and people with respiratory disorders should consume these veggies more often.
- The fiber in sweet potatoes helps in constipation and prevents colon cancer.
- Since they are rich in natural sugar that stabilizes and decreases the insulin resistance in diabetics, sweet potatoes are excellent for diabetics. They also regulate the sugar levels in the body.