There are many reasons why this forms it may be from sun exposure, imbalanced hormones, pregnancy, medication, vitamin deficiencies, not receiving enough sleep and stress.
If you have patches or spots on your face, you might already know how embarrassing it is and it can lead to low self-esteem. Lucky for you there are many ways you can treat this right at home.
1. Lemon Juice
A quick and easy solution may be found in your kitchen or your nearest grocery store – lemon juice. Lemons have vitamin C that can lighten dark spots on your face. It is easy to apply.
- Put some fresh lemon juice on a cotton ball and rub it directly on the affected skin area.
- Allow it to dry and then wash it off with plain water.
- Continue applying this dark spot removal for at least two weeks to get the desired result.
If you have delicate or sensitive skin, you can dilute the lemon juice with plain water, rosewater, or honey. You can also use limejuice to get rid of black spots, applying it in the same manner as described above.
Buttermilk work great for removing dark spots. Just like lemon juice, it fades the areas without it burning your face or causing irritation.
- Place 4 teaspoons of butter milk in a bowl
- Add 2-teaspoon fresh tomato juice.
- Mix these tow ingredients together and apply to your face.
- Let it sit for 15 minute and wash it off with warm water.
The lactic acid in milk decrease skin pigmentation and will brighten your skin. If you don’t have any buttermilk and would rather use milk, just dip a cotton ball into milk and dab it onto the marks. Let it sit for 10 minutes and wash it off.
Oatmeal powder is considered good for skin exfoliation. Hence, you can apply an oatmeal mask on your face and neck to remove dead skin and black spots.
- Grind half a cup of rolled oats.
- Add three to four tablespoons of lemon juice to make a paste.
- Scrub it on your skin and wash it off with warm water when it dries.
- Take 8-10 almonds and soak them in milk overnight.
- Peel off the skin and grind the almonds in the morning.
- Now, add one-teaspoon sandalwood powder and half a teaspoon honey in it.
- Mix them to make a fine paste.
- Apply it on your face.
- Leave it on for about 30 minutes and then wash it off.
Sandalwood is also a great way to eliminate spots.
- Create a paste using 1 tablespoon sandal powder, 1 tablespoon glycerin and 3 tablespoon rose water.(An alternative of rose water can be milk)
- Place this paste onto the area and let it sit for a couple of minutes. Rinse it off with warm water.
- Apply this paste daily for best results.
Your vegetable drawer is another source of home remedies for black spots or dark patches. Potatoes can be applied in one of the two ways:
- Slice up a potato and place one slice directly on the black spots; leave on for a few minutes and then wash your face with lukewarm water.
- You can also make a face mask by combining grated potato with honey.
7. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera contains many properties that work amazing for dark spot.
- Place Aloe Vera gel onto the black spots.
- Massage the area gently for a couple of minutes.
- Apply this mixture twice a day for quick results.
Turmeric is another popular skin-lightening agent that can be used to get rid of black spots on your face. It is also effective for quickly removing sunspots and age spots.
- Make a thick paste of turmeric, milk and lemon juice.
- Apply it to the skin where there are black spots.
- Leave it on for a few minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Another option is to make a paste of turmeric, honey and olive oil and gently massage it into the affected skin area. Leave it on until it completely dries and then wash the area with water.
Papaya contains enzymes that will help even out your skin tone and reduce the appearance of black spots. Papaya contains papain, which is an enzyme that exfoliates the skin, which will make your skin glow. There are two ways you can use papaya:
- Place papaya pulp onto your skin and let it sit for 20 minutes; wash it off with warm water after.
- Grate a green papaya and mix it limejuice. Apply this to your spots and let it sit for 15 minutes.
10. Onion Juice
Onion juice – made using a juicer, blender or grater – can be applied in a couple of ways.
- Dip a clean cotton swab into fresh onion juice, dab it directly on the affected skin area, and allow it to dry naturally.
- Another option is to apply a combination of one tablespoon of onion juice and two tablespoons of honey on the spots for about 20 minutes. If you have oily skin, you can add some vinegar in the solution as well.