When it comes to lemon water, it detoxifies the body and boosts the digestive system in the morning. If you add turmeric to lemon water, different taste and numerous health benefits will follow.
Due to its active ingredient, turmeric owns amazing medicinal properties and represents strong antioxidant and powerful anti- inflammatory effect.
Warm turmeric water with lemon
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoons of turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon of lemon
- Warm water
- Honey (optional)
Preparation: Into a mug squeeze 1/2 of a lemon. Add the turmeric and the warm water inside. Stir the mixture well and add honey for taste if you want.
The turmeric will fall into the bottom so this is why you should keep the spoon into the cup in case the drink needs to be mixed again.
Here is why you should start drinking warm turmeric water today:
- Antioxidant and anti– inflammatory properties – When it is chronic or long- term and inappropriately deployed against tissues, inflammation can represent major problem for health. Curcumin is that much strong that it reaches the effectiveness of some anti- inflammatory drugs.
- Lower the risk of heart disease – Curcumin may help in prevention the buildup of plaque that clogs arteries and leads to heart attacks and strokes. This is suggested by few studies. Actually in one of them, 121 patients who were undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery were randomized to be given placebo or 4 grams of Curcumin per day before and after the surgery. In the hospital the group which received Curcumin had 65% of decreased heart attack.
- Relives arthritis – Free radicals that damage the body cells can be destroyed by turmeric’s antioxidant properties. If those who are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis consume turmeric on a regular basis, experience relief from mild joint pains and inflammation.
- Useful against all types of cancers – Curcumin also is proven to be effective against almost all types of tumors because it can inhibit the proliferation and survival of the effected cells.
- Controls diabetes – It may prevent the onset of type 2 diabetes due to its effectiveness in lowering the insulin resistance. But, if it is combined with strong medications it can cause hypoglycemia or low blood sugar. So, before using turmeric capsules consult professional.