Nausea is generally a sign that something is wrong in the body. It can be a natural reaction caused by bad eating habits or food that body wants to get rid of. Some accompanying symptoms include feeling dizzy, vomiting, sweating, feeling extremely hot, etc.
You can easily treat nausea with simple home remedies and honey is one of the best. It is a natural sweetener that is enriched with many essential nutrients, pure glucose and levulose which aids for proper digestion.
How to use Honey for Nausea:
1.(Honey with Ground Ginger)
- Use ginger powder if fresh ginger is not available.
- Mix 1 spoonful of ground ginger in 2 – 3 teaspoons of raw honey.
- Consume directly or apply this mix on toast.
- Include this mix in your daily diet.
2.(Honey with Lemon Juice)
Inhaling the smell of lemon will reduce the nauseated feeling. The citric acid and vitamin C neutralizes the stomach acids to treat nausea.
- Mix 1 teaspoon each of fresh lemon and organic honey.
- Consume after inhaling the lemony smell.
- Or add honey – lemon mix in 1 cup of water and drink.
- Or add 2 tablespoons of honey in 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice and ginger (or mint) juice and consume. Or add this to 8 oz of warm water and drink.
- Consume regularly.
Apple cider vinegar balances the pH levels of the body.
Mix 1 tablespoon each of raw apple cider vinegar and organic honey in 1 glass of water.
Drink the solution twice a day.
You can also use manuka honey instead of normal honey.